**Application for 2020 Direct School Admission has closed.
COMPASSVALE SECONDARY SCHOOL
2020 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION – SECONDARY (DSA-SEC) EXERCISE
Interested Primary 6 pupils may apply to join CVSS in Secondary One 2021 through the 2020 Direct School Admission – Secondary (DSA-Sec) Exercise under the school’s distinctive programmes:
DSA-SEC TALENTS OFFERED
1. SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS (STEM) – AERONAUTICS
a. Evidence of talent, passion and self-initiatives to learn in the area of STEM and/or Aeronautics.
b. Participation/achievements in STEM and/or Aeronautics-related school programmes/events or external activities (e.g. CCAs/enrichment programmes/competitions/hobbies).
c. Performance in selection which includes an online assessment in STEM/aeronautics and an interview by a selection panel.
d. Successful candidates are expected to participate actively and contribute to the school’s various STEM/Aeronautics programmes (e.g. STEM-related competitions, Aeronautics Applied Learning Programme, Aeronautics Club etc.)
a. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 17 July 2020 and will be required to sit for an online assessment on STEM/Aeronautics and attend an interview via teleconferencing between 27 July 2020 and 28 August 2020.
b. Applicants may showcase any evidence of their pursuit of passion in STEM/Aeronautics that may support their application during the interview (e.g. artefacts of drones/gliders, pictures/videos of themselves during competitions etc.).
c. All applicants will be informed of the application outcome by post by 14 September 2020.
d. The school’s decision is final and there will be no appeal process.
2. SPORTS AND GAMES: FLOORBALL (BOYS & GIRLS) and SOFTBALL (BOYS ONLY)
a. Evidence of talent and passion to develop in the area of competitive Floorball/Softball
b. Participation/achievements in Floorball/Softball competitions at school, National School Games or National Sports Association.
c. At least a Silver or better in NAPFA test in Primary 4 and Primary 6
d. Skill-based performance in Floorball/Softball, and an E-interview by a selection panel.
a. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 17 July 2020 and will be required to go through video conferencing to demonstrate skill-based performance and an interview between 27 July 2020 and 28 August 2020.
b. All applicants will be informed of the application outcome by post by 14 September 2020.
c. The school’s decision is final and there will be no appeal process.
12 May 2020, 9am to 5 June 2020, 3pm
Notification of Shortlisted Applicants
By 17 July 2020
Selection of Shortlisted Applicants
27 July 2020 to 28 August 2020
Notification of Application Outcomes
By 14 September 2020
1. Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 12 May 2020 to 5 Jun 2020. For more details, please refer to MOE website –www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
2. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
3. Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from year 1 - 4.
4. For any queries, please contact the following school personnel in charge:
DSA-Sec Coordinator: Mdm Yeo Hui Lee, Administration Manager
Tel: 6881 5047
Email: email@example.com (Indicate the subject: “Direct School Admission” in your email)