Home > Our Programmes > DSA 2018
COMPASSVALE SECONDARY SCHOOL
2018 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION - SECONDARY (DSA-SEC) EXERCISE
Interested Primary 6 pupils may apply to join CVSS in Secondary One 2019 through the 2018 Direct School Admission – Secondary (DSA-Sec) Exercise under the school’s distinctive programme:
APPLIED LEARNING PROGRAMME (ALP): AERONAUTICS
1. Applications must fulfil the age requirement for Secondary One Admission in 2019.
a. Singapore Citizens/Singapore Permanent Residents should not be more than 4 years overaged, i.e. born between 2 January 2002 and 1 January 2007.
b. International Students should not be more than 2 years overaged, i.e. born between 2 January 2004 and 1 January 2007.
c. Underage applicants are not allowed to participate in the DSA-Sec Exercise.
* Talent, passion and self-initiative to learn in the area of Aeronautics with a good foundation in Science and Mathematics.
* Participation/achievements in aeronautics-related school programmes/events or external activities(e.g. CCA/enrichment
* Performance in a written assessment/open-ended challenges on Aeronautics and an interview by selection panel.
* Successful candidates are expected to participate actively and contribute to the school's Aeronautics Applied Learning Programme
and the Aeronautics Club.
1. Applications are to be done online only through the link here.
2. Applications commences on 7 May 2018, 9am and closes on 3 Jul 2019, 5pm.
3. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Shortlisted applications will be notified by 13 July 2018 and will be required to sit for a written assessment/open-ended challenges
on Aeronautics and interview. The assessment and interview will be conducted between 16 July 2018 and 11 August 2018 in
Compassvale Secondary School.
2. All applicants will be informed of the application outcome by post by 31 August 2018.
3. All school's decision is final and there will be no appeal process.
|Application Period||7 May, 9am to 3 Jul 2018, 5pm|
|Notification of Shortlisted Applicants||By 13 Jul 2018|
|Selection of Shortlisted Applicants||16 Jul 2018 to 11 Aug 2018|
|Notification of Application Outcomes||By 31 Aug 2018|
1. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student's aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the
schools' academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
2. Successful applicants who have accepted the DSA-SEC application are not allowed to participate in the Secondary One Posting
Exercise. They are also not allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
3. Applicants who are currently not studying in MOE mainstream schools are to obtain a Registration Number from MOE Customer
Service Centre from 7 May 2018 onwards before submitting the online application.
4. All International Students are to take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they are considered for
DSA-SEC allocation. International Students who do not meet the AEIS requirements will not be considered for the DSA-Sec
For more information on AEIS, refer to the website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students/admissions-exercise
5. For any queries, please contact the following school personnel in charge:
DSA-SEC Coordinator: Mdm Yeo Hui Lee, Adminstration Manager
Tel: 6881 5047
Email: email@example.com (Indicate the subject: "Direct School Admission" in your email)